Monday, June 20, 2011

What I've learned from Nablopomo Thus Far


Image from sxc.hu by pawel_231
Okay... I didn't get this posted in as timely of a fashion as I should have.  The draft was written on Friday, June 17th so I'm putting that date on this post.  Is it a violation of nablapomo "rules?"  Maybe.  It is by the book, but I'm not going to worry about it and I'm going to keep posting back on schedule for the rest of the month.  Why?  Well the main reason is that I'm using Nablapomo to get the pattern going.  Do something everyday for three weeks and you own it.   Someone said that.  I'm writing posts every day.  I have just missed a couple days of getting them up on time, but you know what?  I don't feel guilty about that.  I learned I had diabetes after I decided I would do a post a day stint for this blog for the month of June.  I didn't get any entries prepared for a "reserve" of posts, I had surgery on June 10th, my 22nd wedding anniversary on the 17th,  and I forgot that Dad's Day was the same weekend as our anniversary which was also the same weekend my husband had to leave for a week long conference.  Oh, and did I mention that we were dog sitting my daughter's 10 month old dogue de bordeaux who was  also in heat for the majority of the first week of June.

So I think I'm doing fairly well with this exercise in training and promotion.  In fact, I'm thinking about doing this for another blog I write for the month of July. Will have to decide which of my blogs is the one I will do.  To make things a bit better, though,  I will:
  • have at least one thematic day each week 
  • do daily postings only on  the featured blog of the month
  • 5 or fewer posts per week on non-monthly focus blogs 
  • have more than one alternate publication schedule: 
Image from sxc.hu by bredmaker
  1. weekdays
  2. Tues, Thurs, Sat.
  3. Mon, Weds, Fri.
  4. weekly on the weekends
  • have 3 to 4 emergency blog posts back logged on day 1
  • have all posts ready the day before publication
  • set post publication via auto publish

Regular posting for multiple blogs is not a trivial matter. I'd love to know how those of you out there who maintain several blogs manage to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments!