Friday, June 3, 2011

My Husband is Full of Sh*t, Well Sort Of...

My husband had to go to the ER this a.m.  Sharp but transitory pains.  After a week of this he finally called the doctor. They told him to go to the Emergency Room.  This caused me to learn something, the difference between diverticulosis and diverticulitis. The first is very common, something like half of old people have -osis form of the problem, with that being "small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine." The uncommon thing is when these sacs become inflamed or infected and/or filled with ----.  You can fill in the blank.  Thank heavens this was found before the inflammation became an abcess, perforation or other nasty thing.

Oh, by the way, from my days doing science reference work at a university library, use Pub Med. when you are going to search for medical information on the web.  It is legit.  Too much of what is out there is inaccurate, incomplete or incoherent. 

I told him he ate too much meat.  I'm right.  I'm tired, too.

Today I was going to write about my plan for getting my own physical self back on track, but this thing with my husband took precedence.  So tomorrow, I will try again for a fun, upbeat or at least a catty and sharp tongued post.  But for today, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments!