Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pinterest, Literacy and Marketing

Are we shifting to a post lexical society?  The success of Pinterest may be a bit more evidence in support of one of my societal suspicions - that we are changing the ways we get information in what may become a limiting rather than enabling constraint for individuals and society at large.  A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a thousand words can convey far more detailed information than can an image. 

But that said, I like all the pretty pictures.  No really, it is about visual aesthetics.  But it is also about marketing.  I have had a Pinterest account for months but done nothing with it until a couple weeks ago.  So now when I am trying to figure out the new linking and presentation of information tool the marketers have found it bigtime.

using pinterest to market products
Pinterest Infographic, an Infographic by Linchpin SEO

 I'm just starting to get my boards together and my descriptions thus far are not very meaty but you can check 'em out if you want at:   http://pinterest.com/donenesting/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments!